Cinequest Review

Amusement parks are for fun and laughs, to get away from our problems, but in "The Circle" Shila tells her niece horrible news that would change her life forever.

The topic for the shorts program was called "Family for Better or Worse" that showed many shorts about many families. I liked how it was not a cliche of the loving families we see in our society; we see pain and struggle just like any other family.

My favorite short from the program was called "The Circle," it was taken place at an amusement park where an aunt told her niece her mom was dying.

Amusement parks are supposed to be happy, and a great time but in this short, it was not the happiest, it was very depressing.

The irony of sad news at an amusement park, it showed how life is like that sometimes. In the climax of the short, the characters were in a Ferris wheel, and the aunt told her niece that her mother was dying.

The aunt told her that "life is like a cycle, and it is going to be okay in the end because we have to let go." This line made me want to watch more, not just for the drama but I felt the connection in the emotion.

The strength of keeping this short is very authentic and showed that life is not always happy sometimes.

The other shorts I felt lagged the metaphors and irony of life like "Arcangel" and "I Am My Own Mother." I did not feel that connection compared the other films at all, and was confused.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Speaker Feature Evaluation

News Assignment

Guest Speaker