All About Me Final Draft

All eyes are on me when I'm on the stage, patiently waiting for the music to play. 

I swing my hips to the beat of the drum. 


I fell in love with Tahitian dancing by the beautiful sound of the drums.


I started dancing when I went to Tahiti for the first time.


Seeing the way my great-aunt smiled as she danced by herself in the kitchen.


Watching the dancers move gracefully to the sound of waves.


I wanted to feel that same happiness everyone on the island had. 


Going back home from the island I wanted to keep part of my culture with me. 


I promised myself I would go out of my comfort zone and try it out.


Making my family proud and showing my friends my passion for dance, is what drives me to dance.


Tahitian dance is expressive and unique, that is what I love most about it.


It's the one part of my day I look forward to the most. 


No matter how mad or sad I am, I always want to dance. 

Looking at the crowd, I see my parent's eyes glistening as they watch me perform. 


Ending in the finale, I take a deep breath and feel my legs moving fast. 


I strike my last pose and feel the energy of the room clapping for me. 


As the lights turn off and the curtain closes, I hear nothing but cheering for me. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Speaker Feature Evaluation

News Assignment

Guest Speaker