All About Me

All eyes are on me when I'm on the stage, patiently waiting for the music to play. I swing my hips to the beat of the drum. 

I fell in love with my Tahitian dancing by the beautiful sound of the drums and fast paced dancing. I started dancing when I went on a family trip to Tahiti for the first time. 

Seeing the way my great aunt smiled as she danced by herself in the kitchen, showed me how happy it makes her feel. 

Seeing the way dancers moved to the sound of waves from the sunset dinner on my last night on the beautiful island. I wanted to feel that happiness and pride in knowing the Tahitian dance. 

Going back home from the island I wanted to keep a part of my culture with me always and promise myself to start dancing more.

Not only do I make my great aunt proud but I loved performing for my friends and family to see my passion for dance. Tahitian dance is expressive and unique that is what I love about it. When I compete I love to make my own choreography. 

When I dance it's the one part of my day I look forward to the most. It's a great stress reliever and a great way to express your emotions. 

Looking at the crowd, I see my parent's eyes glistening as they watch my performance. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Speaker Feature Evaluation

News Assignment

Guest Speaker