MLK Color Feature

Loud stomps from the women’s sandals against the marble floor, Echos from above each level in the MLK library.

Everyone’s eyes glued to their phones with their airpods tuning out everyone around them.

SJSU workers and police talk amongst each other with smiles on their faces.

“Walking home from the library at night scares me, even though I live right next to the library,” sophomore, Janessa Freeman says “There are always homeless people asking me for money.”

Janessa lives less than a block to the SJSU library at an off-campus luxury apartment with other students.

“I study better here at the library because of the amazing views on the 8th floor.” Janessa Freemans says.

The Martin Luther King library is open to the public and SJSU students all day long. However, it closes only to the public, but students have 24/7 access.

“The most interesting thing I’ve ever seen at the library was someone trying to make a smoothie on one of the quiet floors.” says sophomore Maia Block.

“It made me laugh, but many students were really mad and left,” Maia says.

Levels 6,7 and 8 are the quiet floors where people need that silence to study for exams.

“If you laugh or make any noise police sometimes ask you to leave if the noise is too loud,” says Maia

Colorful hydro flasks on each desk as students faces light up from their laptop screen

“I’m so glad I was here at the library all day because of the nice AC, it’s really hot outside.” says freshman, Ashley Mehta.

“I think this library could use better food choices downstairs and leave them out late because I get so hungry at night trying to do an all-nighter,” says Ashley.

“Sometimes I DoorDash Taco Bell if I need a break from studying and watch my favorite Netflix show,” Ashley says laughing. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Speaker Feature Evaluation

News Assignment

Guest Speaker