SJSU Commencement Feature Speaker

Record-breaking top artist Cardi B will speak at the San Jose State University commencement on May 20th. 

From being a stripper to now being one of the hottest singers in the world, Cardi B can tell a thing or two to the graduating seniors. 

"SJSU is thrilled to have such a vibrant speaker for the commencement this year," says SJSU's President Mary Papazian.

Even though she never went to college, she does still have a dream of going to college someday to become a History teacher. 

Journalism Professor, Dan White says "I think I've heard a song from her but when the story broke out all the students in my class were so excited that some even cried!"

Cardi B does speak to millions on social media about never giving up on your dreams for the future. She addressed how she feels about speaking at the commencement on Instagram this afternoon.  

"I am so excited that SJSU is giving me this opportunity, you know some people look down on me because of how I talk and how I am, but I am so excited to speak to the student of SJSU." Cardi B says. 

After her stripper days, she got to be on a reality tv show, "Love and Hip Hop" that focused on hip hop artists life in the music industry. 

She is now seven-time Grammy winner from the Bronx becoming one the of Top Female Hip Hop artists in the world. 

Cardi B will be speaking to the graduating class of Mass Communication and Journalism majors. 

"I love her so much, she started from the bottom and look at her now," says Journalism major Karla Jenkins. "She inspires me to never give up on my dreams."

Another senior, Jessie Fower says, "I hope she sings a song during the commencement, that would be so sick." 

Cardi B is known for the many collaborations she has, like Bruno Mars, Migos, SZA, and Kehlani. 

San Jose State's commencement will start at 9am at the Event Center on campus. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Speaker Feature Evaluation

News Assignment

Guest Speaker